The ten best start-ups for the book industry: Content Shift Accelerator enters the next round
Ten start-ups from an international pool of applications have been nominated by the jury | Pitch for a sponsorship programme place on 28.06.2022 | Börsenverein Group offering an exclusive networking opportunity and funding of 10,000 Euro
The jury has made its selection: Ten remarkable start-ups will take part in the Börsenverein Group Content Shift Accelerator 2022. A total of 39 start-ups from three continents applied for this year’s round of the sponsorship programme, including entrepreneurs from Denmark, India, Canada and the UK. The top 10 selection shows how digital tools can make our lives more pleasant and joyful – and how digital applications can be made easier for us to use.
The nominated start-ups in alphabetical order
- ACTitude offers easy-to-understand, online psychological courses based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), providing skills that can be immediately applied.
- Enna implifies the use of digital applications, such as video calls or digital photo albums, with an easy-to-use device that consists of a docking station and contact cards.
- Guidable is a platform where users can tell stories, create audio tours and monetise them by making them available to the community.
- Heimsafari offers treasure hunts for children – combining analogue hiding places with app-based puzzles and adventures.
- Immer.App is designed to encourage us, also in digital form, to read more, for longer and more enjoyably by optimising books for mobile phones or tablets according to the user’s behaviour.
- Kompreno translates editorial contributions from all over Europe into the user's own language and makes reading recommendations according to the user's interests.
- Librileo aims to spark a love of reading in primary school children with its reading club – via regularly sent book boxes, monthly online reading lessons and a media library full of storytelling videos.
- QuizCo converts existing documents, such as exam papers, into high-quality learning materials such as quizzes, cloze tests and flashcards at the touch of a button.
- Storyverse enhances printed books through multimedia content such as augmented reality, videos, images, animations and 3D viewers.
- Vendery creates an even greater connection between shoppers and products sold online, with its multi-senses shopping platform.
All ten start-ups will present their business ideas at a pitch event in Frankfurt on 28.06.2022, where the jury will then select five of them. In the following months, the entrepreneurs from the selected start-ups will have access to a top-class network of investors as well as start-up and industry experts from the book and media industry. They will receive coaching and participate in a co-creation workshop to review their business models and explore current challenges and cooperation opportunities. The jury will select the "Start-up of the Year" at the Frankfurt Book Fair on 20.10.2022, which will be awarded 10,000 euros in funding.
The Accelerator programme is sponsored by companies from the book and media industry, which send members to the CONTENTshift jury. This year's jury includes: Detlef Büttner and Leif Göritz (Lehmanns Media/Thalia Bookstore), Olaf Carstens (Cornelsen Publishing House), Stephan Dietrich (Junfermann Publishing House), Nina Hugendubel and Per Dalheimer (Hugendubel Bookstore), Stefanie Penck (TeNeues Publishing House), Wolfgang Pichler (MANZ Publishing House and Bookstore), Ronald Schild (MVB), Peter Kraus vom Cleff (Börsenverein) as well as Deepa Gautam-Nigge (SAP Next-Gen Innovation Network) as a partner of the programme from outside the industry.
Further details about the programme can be found at: www.contentshift.de
- Hashtag: #cosh22
- Press Release: Your successful launch into the book industry: Apply now for coaching from the Content Shift Accelerator
Materials to Download
About the Content Shift Accelerator
Alongside the Content Shift start-up club and the Icebreaker Events, the Content Shift accelerator is part of the Börsenvereinsgruppe's Content Shift initiative, which promotes innovation and new business models in the book and media industry.
www.contentshift.de | www.twitter.com/shiftingcontent | www.instagram.com/contentshift
About the Börsenvereinsgruppe
The Börsenvereinsgruppe (Group of the German Publishers and Booksellers Association) represents the interests of Germany's book industry and provides its members with advisory and practical services. The group comprises the Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels (German Publishers and Booksellers Association) and its business subsidiaries, which include Frankfurter Buchmesse and MVB mediacampus frankfurt as well as the Holding Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels Beteiligungsgesellschaft. The Börsenvereinsgruppe supports the book industry and media sector by providing professional services that include advocacy, the organisation of cultural projects, tradeshows, training programmes and publishing and technology services.
Technology and information provider MVB makes books visible. Major platforms, based on international metatdata standards, enable publishers and bookstores to promote their products successfully and efficiently in their home markets and abroad. Editorial and advertising formats as well as face-to-face networking give orientation in different book markets. In close cooperation with customers and market players from all areas of the book industry, the teams located in Frankfurt am Main, Mexico City, New York and São Paulo continuously work on innovative Infrastructure solutions for the book trade of the future.
Thomas Koch | Head of Public Relations Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels
Tel.: +49 69 1306-293
Markus Fertig | PR Manager MVB
Tel.: +49 69 1306-374 | Fax: +49 69 1306-17374